Thursday, March 25, 2010

face wash

the natural frugal face wash decision is:
quit face wash
(what's more natural and frugal than not buying or using it?)
(think about all the chemicals, money, and packaging saved)

i quit face wash a couple months ago,

a friend told me he stopped getting acne when he stopped using face wash.
my aunt told me she stopped using face wash as well.
i was frustrated with all the face washes with sls(sodium laurel/eth sulfate).
i was sick of researching natural options.
face wash isn't cheap.

just like with shampoo, this was a bit hard for me because i like to be clean,
especially living in new york city, a not so clean place with all sorts of dirt and exhaust being kicked into the air constantly.

i wash my face thoroughly in the shower with warm water and my hands,
my face feels great, natural, and undisturbed.
i have less acne, and either less or similar blackheads, definitely not an increase.

people often think their face would get really oily,
sure everyone's body is different,
but it was a gradual transition to ween my face off face wash ,
i believe your face will produce less oil if it isn't constantly replenishing good natural oils that are unnaturally washed away.

new york city water is not hard water.

if i did want to use face wash,
it would definitely not have sls, which is in so many face washes.
it would definitely not have any "active ingredients."

i would probably just use a diluted liquid castile soap.

No comments:

Post a Comment