Wednesday, March 24, 2010

shampoo

the natural frugal shampoo decision is:
quit shampoo
(what's more natural and frugal than not buying or using it?)
(just now thinking about all the chemicals, money, and packaging saved)

i quit shampoo a couple years ago, not even sure how long it's been now.

this was a bit hard for me because i like to be clean,
especially living in new york city, a not so clean place with all sorts of dirt and exhaust being kicked into the air constantly.

i wash my hair thoroughly in the shower with warm/hot water and my hands,
and found it to be plenty clean and more natural to not shampoo.

i realized i like the way my hair feels and looks without shampooing.

people often think their hair would get really oily,
sure everyone's body is different,
but it was a gradual transition to ween my hair off shampoo,
i believe your hair will produce less oil if it isn't constantly replenishing healthy natural oils that are unnaturally washed away.

my hair is often about 3 1/2 inches long, but has been up to 6 inches long in the past.

new york city water is not hard water.

if i did want to shampoo my hair,
it would definitely not have sls (sodium laurel/eth sulfate), which is in so many shampoos.

i would research liquid castile soap options, and potentially non gmo distilled white vinegar options...
and possibly extra virgin coconut or extra virgin olive oil options.

i tried 365 brand bar soap (check bar soap link on left) in my hair, i use it for cleaning my skin in the shower, but felt like it dried my hair of all its healthy natural oils.

No comments:

Post a Comment